Wednesday 14 November 2012

Looking at Micro-Biology

Algae and Human Cells

I've been interested in human and plant cells from the beginning because the structures are similar but obviously different in certain ways. I enjoy the construction of these spaces and how they can reflect upon different constraints e.g sculpture. Here follows a few of my favorite examples from  John. D. Dodge's 'The Fine Structure of Algal Cells'








Tissues and Organs: A Text-Atlas Of Scanning Electron Microscopy 

Epithelial sheet of the intestines. 
The digestive system - Colon.
Nervous Tissue - Eye Lens.

Cell Sketches

Here is a few drawings based upon the images above. I had a lot of fun doing this because of the fluidity of the spaces. I used ink because of the sharp but also softness that can be created through its use. 


No comments:

Post a Comment