Wednesday 13 February 2013

Microscope x Hubble Digital Images

Microscope x Hubble Digital Images

Here is a series of digital images I've been working on. Photographs that I had taken while looking though my microscope, crossed with that of images taken from the Hubble Space telescope. Using the juxtaposition of the infinity big and the structured, sub-atomic creations I can explore hoe geology is amalgamated with everything in existence and how it is not always apparent in our everyday lives. 

By layering both images I can create an otherworldly astro-space. I think the striking blue colour from the Copper Sulphate crystals really highlights the features of space. By using a selection of different crystals and geodes, I can produce a more varied and extensive series of digital images.













I saw this exhibition in Rotterdam 'The Traveller' at the TENT Gallery, which explores how travelling and art changes the world around us. 




No comments:

Post a Comment